Sunday, March 6, 2011

Conversations of a Two Year Old

Isabell is quite the talker. Sometimes a little too much for me. Sure, it's nice when she can say that she's hungry, or thirsty, or has to go to the bathroom. It's cute to hear her say "Thank you" and "You're welcome" all on her own now, but at times, for the mother, it's not so cute; at least not now while I'm living it EVERYDAY. Oh sure, the first few times it was cute and I had to look away so she wouldn't see me laugh, but the cuteness for me has passed. I know that years from now I will look back and laugh some more. Just not today.
Also, I'm finding that I really need to watch my bad habits, especially in the talking category, because moslty that's what Isabell reitterates.

Situation: I'm helping Isabell clean up. I lightly toss a toy her way.
Isabell, in a very stern voice - "Mama! You don't throw toys! That's naughty! You do that agian and I'm gonna send you to the corner! Do you understand?!"

Situation: Isabell has just done something she's not supposed to for the umptinth time that day. So, a little sternly, I tell her what she did wrong and not to do that.
Isabell - "Mama, you don't talk to me like that!"

As with all things in life there are downsides and there are upsides. Isabell also has a lot of converstations that are just 100% cute, well at least I think they are.

Situation: Riding in the car on the way home from church. Isabell sees a spider and freaks out, so I kill, but I don't tell her that I'm killing it.
Isabell - "There's a spider on my window, I just gotta kill it ya know Daddy."
Spencer- "Why? What did that spider do to you?"
Isabell - "I just gotta kill it ya know."

1 comment:

  1. I could see how that could get annoying. Honestly, I think it is really cute though, but that is probably because I don't have to deal with her saying it everyday. Good luck. Guess what I come in in about a month!!

    ReplyDelete